Thursday 6 November 2008

What Can I Say...??

INFORMATIVE ASSESSMENT- Tues 28th October.2008'
On the day i wasn't nervous as an individual, but for the group. I had some source of work to show Jared but wasn't aware how much work came from the others own individual blogs. I knew my other members of the group had alot to say personally about me, but i was more eager to open up of what i had to say about this whole project.
So Dean & Fer. laid it on the table of how i become very much of the 'NAG'. of the group & became alot demanding & less-motivated to the members. I was pissed-off that day of how i had more bad points to mention than positive feedbacks from the group. Jared personally felt what i had been trying to do was a 'good thing' nagging & generally being concern about the project was positive.
It didn't intentionally happen on purpose to how i'm acting, but had been reflected from a past project we did do based on storyboarding. I realise that i'm working with two other members who have such big imagination & eccentric ideas, which is NOT wrong. but restricted us to be that glamourous,from the time schedule we got given. So the more complicated we got with designs, shots etc. the more nervous it got me, thinking that it just can't get completed in time... So this had played a big part of the way i had been thinking & continue to think.The aim now was to always keep it simple but obviously effective,, the "LESS IS MORE" approach.
But Jared was please at the blog i showed him. i had work posted up, but i knew i needed more, which is somthing im working on.
I do feel that i always pull my weight & take full responsibilty of the roles i get given in the group. don't get me wrong, i've had moments where i've been lazy ( i mean who hasn't???) but i know work needs to get done. So here iam !!! powering my way through to the end!!!
But to be honest it's been my second time round working with these guys & i haven't been to impressed as i would like to feel, because this time's fallout had got alot worse, which is a big shame.
All i wanted from Dean was to pull his weight, be more self-motivated & just have more commitment to the project. If you are reading this, then i hope you knew that this is what i felt at the time, & hope you have taken on board of what i had to say about you in general & changed for the better to this project.
My problem with Fer. was i wish he had opened up alittle more when it came to group sessions & not take feedbacks or critisms to heart. I'm not one to slay peoples work but to throw my ideas in of how it can maybe be improved, I always felt that was a "ok" thing to share & work on ideas.
I know he's heard me out now, & also hope that he's remembered what i got to say & act upon it as much as i will from what they both had to say about me !!!

Jared said 'dont take this session as a way to beat people down etc' i did feel that at the time, but know that it has mades things alot clearer of peoples perceptions to your views of working & as a whole, your attitude to work.
....But i am gutted that the group has had this major fallout, however if things are now cleared up for the better, knowing that we will gel more as a team & walk out with a successful project to hand in, then it will be a very very happy Christmas to meeeee !!!...

No comments: